Creating a new Hotmail account is not an easy task because you must complete all your data when you register. Although, closing or deleting the Hotmail account is very simple and easy to follow in the steps below…
Everyone has their own reasons to delete the Outlook email account (formerly called “Hotmail”). Microsoft has also provided an option to disable your email account for several reasons. You can permanently close or delete your Microsoft account in minutes.
Important information about removing or deleting your Microsoft Hotmail, Outlook, and Windows Live accounts
- Visit the Microsoft Billing Service before closing or deleting your Microsoft account (Hotmail, Windows Live, and Outlook.com accounts). If a live subscription is active, this will prevent you from permanently closing your account.
- Hotmail, Windows Live and Outlook.com accounts are not considered “Microsoft accounts”. You cannot close the Hotmail account alone without closing the entire Windows Live account, also known as Microsoft.
- Remember to spend all your Skype Credit before controlling your account. Any credit will be lost once you have closed your account.
- Check balances in your Microsoft and Xbox accounts. You can also withdraw a credit card from your account on this page.
- It takes 60 days to close the email account after entering the application. Once you have closed an account, you must stop accepting new messages.
- Interestingly, even after 365 days of inactivity, your Windows Live ID and password will persist on the server unless someone attempts to register a new account with your exact Live ID. (It worked for me with an account that I have not used for more than 3 years, I could only log in, although all the data was removed).
Remove Hotmail account – Follow these steps for Delete Hotmail email Account
Step 1: Go to the official Microsoft login page that you can find here. On the login page, enter the username and password of your Hotmail account that you want to remove completely.
Step 2: When you enter your account details, click on the login button below. Now you will be redirected to the inbox of the Hotmail account.
Step 3: From there, look at the upper right corner and you will see the profile icon for your account. Now, click on the profile photo icon and select the option Show account.
Step 4: Here you will see a new window that contains more sections in the blue color menu. Select the fourth section that is the Security
Step 5: Once again, some other options will be shown when you choose the security section. Choose or click more security settings.
Step 6: When you select more security settings, the new page will open after this you have to identify your identity means you have to confirm the email address that you give at the time of registration of an account.
Step 7: After this new page will be open and Hotmail sent you a code for confirmation that it’s your own Gmail account Open your Gmail copy the code and paste it then click on verify.
Step 8: When you verify your account then a new page will open from there, select the last option that closes your account and click on the blue text to close my account.
Step 9: After this new page open and enter your password and then click sign in.
Step 10: When you click the sign in, a new window opens and then read all the important notes before going to deactivate. In case, if you have changed your mind, click on the cancel option; otherwise, click on the next button.
Step 11: In the next window, you were asked to recover the deactivated account within 60 days of the period. After this time, it will not be possible to access the deleted account, which means that it cannot be recovered. In this section, mark each point and at the bottom, choose why you want to delete the Hotmail account or select your reason option not included. After that, click on the blue button. Mark the account to close.
Step 12: When you select this option, your account will mark for deletion. Once this is done, you will see a final link message.
If you want to recover your deleted Hotmail or Microsoft account, simply log in to the Hotmail account by typing your old username and password of your account.
After closing your account:
When you click or click on the Mark account to close button, we are waiting 60 days to permanently delete your Microsoft account in case you change your mind or need to access an item in your account before it disappears permanently. . .
During the waiting period, the closing of your account is verified, but it still exists. If you want to reopen your Microsoft account, sign in again within 60 days. We will close the account and everything will remain as you left it.
How to delete Hotmail account on an iPhone:
When you do not need to continue using your Hotmail account, you can delete it instantly. This is a big step because he does not want his recipient to continue sending messages to him and he will regret it. To delete an iPhone Hotmail account, users have two different methods. First of all, it’s about deleting the account with the email application of your iPhone device and another one of eliminating it with the web browser.
We have a quick guide for all Hotmail users who want to delete their Hotmail account using their phone. You can choose one of these methods; it depends on the comfort of the users. When you discover that your account is useless, you can choose one of these methods and get rid of it.
Method 1 – How to delete a Hotmail account on iPhone?
- Start from the Home screen and touch the Settings tab on your iPhone device.
- Now go to the option Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Here, from this option, you will find your Hotmail account in the Accounts section
- Here, from the bottom of the screen, you can see the tab as Delete account button
- Finally, you must confirm it by pressing the Delete option on my iPhone
- If you are comfortable with a web browser, you should use this method. It is easy to use and very comfortable for all user groups. In fact, this guide is easy and allows you to delete the account in a few steps. You can access any web browser and follow these steps and delete the account.
Method 2 – How to delete a Hotmail account on iPhone?
- The first step is to go to the login page of the Hotmail account
- And then, enter your username and password and press login
- Here, from the configuration, you need to access the Account Settings option
- Then click on the option Close account view below on the page
- This may require you to make sure that you only have to follow the steps by clicking on the Next button
- Then click Create Account to close and press the OK button
- You will be redirected to the final presentation, if you are sure, click on the option Ready to confirm
How to remove the Hotmail account from Android OS ?
- Sign in to your respective account from your Android phone.
- Go to the configuration option, there and then.
- From the configuration, access the account settings.
- Now select the Advanced Account Settings option from there.
- Among the options offered, click on “Delete account”.
- He will ask you to confirm the request.
- Confirm the request and click on the “Accept” button.
By following the process above, you can permanently delete your account from your smartphones or the system.
Your registered account will be permanently deleted remember that if you do not use your registered account regularly than your account will be deleted permanently.
Know when your Windows Live Hotmail account expires:
After 360 days (approximately less than one year) without access, a Windows Live Hotmail account becomes inactive. This means that all messages stored in the account are deleted and new messages are not accepted.
How to know when your Registered Account Will be deleted:
People get their message with a delivery report of error who try to send any messages or emails to an inactive account. However, you can still use your account name and password to log in to Windows Live.
If you don’t use your account for more than 360 days it means 5 days less than a year so your live account of Hotmail will be permanently deleted.
Does the POP3 protocol or transfer count as access to an Account?
If you access your Windows Live Hotmail account in a POP program or email service, or if Windows Live Hotmail transfers your mail, it is not the same as accessing your account through the web.
You must be connected to your internet at least last eight months to keep your account live and active. Mark your calendar or list of things to do, maybe.
Throughout the subscription, the Windows Live Hotmail payment account remains active whether you access your account or not.